A new opportunity has become available for a Network Engineer within our Network Team in Fleet. As a key member of this dedicated team, it will be your role to support a Cisco, F5, Fortigate and Cyberoam based network and Cisco security solutions, to ensure internal Corporate, Data Centre, Acquirer and Customer networks and services are managed and maintained to a high standard.
Combined with this, you will also work with other members of the Infrastructure team, Client Support, Development, Test Teams, Project Management, Sales and the Infrastructure Security Engineer to understand and ensure PCI DSS compliance.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Providing 3rd line support and administration of the company's local and remote network estate.
- Implementation of client network and security configurations working from low level designs.
- Ownership, diagnosis and resolution of network faults and problems in both hardware and software.
- Liaise with the Service Desk with regards to client affecting network problems, including regular updates, status of resolution and provide documentation where required including network diagrams.
- Maintaining and advising network security to internal departments and clients.
- Ensuring internal and client SLAs are met.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Relevant on the job networking experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of network concepts, IP addressing / sub-netting, the OSI model, firewalls, router and switches.
- Experience supporting LAN / WAN technologies including, MPLS, X.25, Ethernet, PSTN, ISDN, ADSL. Leased Lines.
- Ability to provision and troubleshoot IPv4/v6, MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, DSL, IPSec, PPP/L2TP, 802.1q, QoS, STP, HSRP, VRRP
- Experience in the following network technologies – Cisco ISE, DNS, SSL, TCP/IP, NAT, IPsec, QoS, Load Balancing, packet capture and analysis.
- Experience providing operational technical support to critical systems supporting major blue chip customers in a 24 x 7 managed services / data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
- Trouble shooting skills with network protocols such as: IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, HSRP, IEEE 802.1X.
- Physical cabling & patching experience.
- CCNP Route/switch
- CCNA/CCNP Security
- F5 LTM and GTM exposure – F5 101 Application Delivery Fundamentals
- Experience working on Cisco Nexus NEXOS.
- Experience of working on Cisco ASA platform from both a command line and ASDM standpoint
- Firewall support, SPI, IPS/IDS, ACLs, IPsec.
- Knowledge of Apache configuration and performance tuning
Where will you be working?
Situated in the heart of Fleet, Logic house is easily accessible by both public and personal transport. Located less than 5 minutes’ drive from the M3. Parking is provided for permanent staff based at Logic House. Regular trains arrive to Fleet with the train station being directly opposite the Logic House.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.