As a Barclays SAS/Python Developer, you will be a part of the Risk Finance & Treasury Service Transition’s (BTB) team working on implementation and support of the Barclays International Consumer Credit Risk models. You will focus mainly on Model/Data implementation, optimization and a maintaining a robust operating environment.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Being responsible for data exploration, manipulation, data quality and benchmarking utilising SAS or any other analytical tools
- Being responsible for technical analysis, data analysis, coding, support, maintenance and testing of components/models within the SAS environment
- Supporting UKC and BI Retail model developers with integration and on-boarding of their models into SAS and IT infrastructure
- Ensuring models are implemented in a full production environment with full controls adhering to RFT policy and Barclays group standards
- Supporting delivery of tools and integration of models using modern technologies such as SAS and Python programming languages
- Supporting IT group to on-board data and models into RTB production environment.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Previous SAS and Python Programming (SAS Enterprise Guide / SAS DI/ SAS Flow Manager) skills and track record of developing production processes
- SQL coding in particular Teradata SQL is an advantage (can write very efficient queries)
- Creation and amendment of applications and solutions
- Can document to high standards (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SAS Programming, Enterprise Guide, SAS DI and/or Python coding
- Some basic level of Project and stakeholder management experience
- Ability to interpret, and make relevant recommendations from complex requirements
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.