As a Barclays ETL Developer you will work in the Data warehouse & Trade Store function within Risk Finance & Treasury. Your area is the authoritative source of data for all the firm’s books and records and is responsible for delivering time critical Regulatory, Surveillance, Compliance, MIS and Operational reporting. There are varied sets of Tools and Technologies used for real time data processing and reporting.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What you’ll be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Developing and delivering of the surveillance reports for the markets surveillance work streams using Netezza, Business Objects, Informatica, UNIX and Autosys technologies
- Analysing data and onboarding of new feeds as well as generation of data extracts for upstream
- Conducting performance tuning and queries analysis
- Ensuring the Data Quality and Completeness of the Reports sent from Equities Data Warehouse and Trade Store
- Supporting any Adhoc inquiries from internal regulators and Compliance team
Skills that will help you in the role:
- In depth SQL Experience and query writing ability
- Expertise in developing applications using BI and Data warehouse technologies
- Proven informatics experience
- Experience in Unix, Shell Scripting & Autosys
- Data warehouse methodologies experience
- Experience using relational database systems (Oracle) – database modelling, engineering, optimization
- RainStor and Cash Equities experience
- In depth analytical and problem-solving abilities, ability to multitask and switch gears quickly
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.