Overview of the role
The BI Developer will be responsible for supporting the technical elements of the data strategy i.e. specification, design / maintenance of mechanisms for storage, migration, cleansing and more, together with progressing us towards an insight-based culture within the business, improving services and performance by leading initiatives to create fit for purpose Business Intelligence dashboards and reporting.
- Contribution to the design, development and implementation of the data warehouse to support the BI requirements of the business (translating requirements from the business into data solutions).
- Support the development of the company capabilities in how we can look at what has happened to what will happen – predictive planning and analysis.
- Minimise the duplication of data and logic to achieve the ‘single source of the truth’.
- Ensure high quality documentation is developed, maintained, regularly review and stored.
- Identify, test and fix bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL process to improve data quality, build quality and reporting responsiveness.
- Developing analytics and reporting capabilities and leading BI projects to facilitate the optimal conversion of data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
- Build, provide ongoing maintenance, drive consistency and drive usage of a suite of data visualisations, dashboards, operational reports etc using the most appropriate reporting and visualisation tools to meet customer requirements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, processes and systems that support the maintenance and provision of accurate and fully governed data.
- Potential owning and driving adherence to those policies in the business.
- A minimum of 3 years in a Business Intelligence / Data focused development role
- Extensive experience in the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Hands-on experience working with data visualisation tools (Power BI)
- Good understanding and experience in the Data warehousing lifecycle
- Prior experience in leading / mentoring others
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management experience.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.