About the role
At One Stop we aim to serve our local shoppers a little better every day, with a culture that is friendly, fun and where everyone is treated with respect, you have a really great place to work. As part of the team you can make a difference to our colleagues by:
Providing opportunities for everyone to grow, learn and develop
Making sure our colleagues feel engaged and are rewarded for their contribution
Create an inclusive culture so that our colleagues love to come to work
We want you to understand the business inside out, we need you to live and embed our values and build great relationships with the amazing people across our business.
You will be responsible for
- Work with users to scope out work requests and development requirements.
- Analyse user requirements and communicate clearly.
- Evaluate, assess and recommend solutions.
- Develop specifications, prototypes and software, working with developers and software professionals.
- Lead integration development activities, working with the Solution Architect to turn the vision into reality
- Manage development implementation, ensuring work assigned to you is completed on schedule adhering to department quality standards and processes.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose, tested comprehensively and supportable.
- Work with the Test manager to resolve issues as needed
- Provide support for in-house developed systems when required.
- Provide support to development team colleagues and the wider business when required.
- I manage & conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health & welfare at work of all colleagues & customers
You will need
- Excellent C# and knowledge of VB.net or Excellent VB.net and knowledge of C# (or relevant languages)
- Excellent knowledge of integration methodologies and building, modifying and working with APIs
- Experience of working with SQL and SSIS
- Database design techniques
- Object Oriented Design/ Programming
- A logical thinker with excellent problem solving ability
One Stop Stores Ltd is a leading organisation in the UK Convenience Store market, we are owned by Tesco PLC but operated as a separate business.
One Stop is a retail convenience business with over 850 shops and a key focus on being the best store for customers in the neighbourhood. Open 7 days a week
One Stop aims to meet the needs of all its local customers. Since 2003 we have been a subsidiary of Tesco.
With our stores situated throughout England and Wales, there’s sure to be a
One Stop near where you live or work
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
Discounted shopping website
Free eye Test
A great holiday package
A commitment to your career development
Community involvement and charity work
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.