Local Unit & Position Description: We are looking for a capable and highly motivated technical support engineer with a good knowledge of application support and cloud administration to join our Bladed software team. The successful applicant will be able to build excellent relationships with both customers and internal product development teams through provision of dedicated software assistance within a high-quality software support and DevOps service.
Bladed* is the global industry-leading wind turbine design tool used by wind turbine manufacturers, consultants, researchers and for certification. The application runs on Windows & Linux with growing cloud capabilities. We are currently going through a major programme of re-architecting and innovation to ensure that it retains its market-leading position into the 2020s and beyond – it’s an exciting time to join the team!
Principal aspects of the role include: *
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary (software and engineering) product support function by providing software support product knowledge (application, cloud and licence management) to our international customers.
- Work with the product development team to drive the resolution of customer support requests.
- Bladed application on-prem and cloud management, for example,
- Provision, configure and maintain licence servers
- Create and maintain cloud infrastructure for customer facing deployments
- Routine monitoring and reporting on customer facing deployments
- Maintain cloud infrastructure, maintenance and permissions
- Manage access to externally shared cloud resources
- Customer support for cloud deployments (application support)
- Work with customers to support integration of Bladed into their workflows / solutions.
- Investigate deployment issues and implement fixes in live customer environments
- Help Bladed users to install, configure and troubleshoot on-premise licences. Support the Bladed delivery team by managing and improving the development environments and tooling (development and test applications deployment and monitoring / management).
- Work with the product development team to help them to understand customer needs / priorities, emerging issues, trends and opportunities.
- Contribute to maintaining and advancing the online product support experience including documentation / knowledge base.
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Windows and Linux application support experience
- Build server / hardware management
- Cloud management / administration (AWS & Azure)
- Experience of supporting an engineering or highly technical application
- Experience of working with customers in different countries
- A commitment to customer care and relationship-building
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Able to communicate in a clear, open, active and honest manner (verbal and written) and seeks understanding of other views
- Driven to contribute to the success of the team
- Keen to build good personal and professional relationships and collaborate to create results
- Creative and takes initiative
There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth through our 70-20-10 philosophy (70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training) and an individual career development plan.
The position is rewarded appropriately, including benefits such as:
- A permanent contract.
- Lifestyle benefits (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options).
- Access to industry experts from whom you can receive training and support.
- Wellbeing benefits (inc. Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Medical check-ups, Gym allowance and free fruit) as well as plenty of initiatives related to physical and mental wellbeing such as Yoga lessons, charity events, etc.
- Travel benefits (inc. Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme).
- Life assurance and employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution - up to 9%).
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500).
- and many, many more!
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are a world-leading provider of digital solutions and software applications with focus on the energy, maritime and healthcare markets. Our solutions are used worldwide to manage risk and performance for wind turbines, electric grids, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, ships, and more. Supported by our domain knowledge and Veracity assurance platform, we enable companies to digitize and manage business critical activities in a sustainable, cost-efficient, safe and secure way.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Avon Street,Temple Quay One Linear Park, Bristol BS2
Job Type: Permanent