You will serve in the Operations Flight as the Activity Management Planner (AMP) with specific oversight of utilities & associated infrastructure. You will research, interpret, analyze and apply proper engineering principles, guidelines, policies, regulations, etc. to data gathered by the sub AMP managers and other sources such as facility condition reports to create a prioritized list of maintenance and repair projects that will be programmed and executed by the flight. You will work closely with the sub AMPS to collate, prioritize and develop scopes of work with the development of the Base Comprehensive Asset Management Plan (BCAMP). You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the inventory of the built and network assets so that it reflects a sufficient level of detail to manage condition and evaluate & predict the repair/replacement recommendations. You will provide technical support to projects by means of participating in design reviews, progress meetings, O & M manual reviews and handover acceptable to the Base Civil Engineer as well as providing guidance and technical knowledge.
Please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below, as this will be used to determine your qualification for this position.
1. The position requires the incumbent to possess a degree in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position (General Engineer/Architecture/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering) OR a combination of education and specialized work experience. **Please submit relevant documents with the application in order to verify eligibility**
2. Must have knowledge of engineering principles and methods.
3. Asset planning principles is highly desired. Air Force investment processes for the development of a composite installation and public complex is highly desired.
4. Must have knowledge of the principles of planning and program management; common business and economic principles, theories, concepts, and procedures; financial management principles and standards. Prior experience working with government agencies is highly desired.
5. Must have experience of managing safety, security and managing personnel. Knowledge of EEO regulations, practices and procedures is desired.
6. Demonstrate experience of undertaking condition inspections and developing prioritized projects to recommend timely and economical solutions.
7. Demonstrate experience for working to regulations and procedures.
8. Ability to analyze and plan the work to meet program requirements and objectives with available resources.
9. Must have ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral communications.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
2. An appropriate, valid driver’s license, Category B, is required for this position.
3. May be required to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Force during exercises or in the event of an actual emergency.
4. Inspections may be conducted in “hard hat” areas and may require walking, bending, climbing and stooping.
5. Appropriate professional registration/certification is desired but is not required.
6. May be assigned other duties that are appropriate to the grade and skill set of the incumbent.
Reference ID: RPA 474723
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18.58 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Infrastructure Project Manager: 1 year (Preferred)