If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
An exciting graduate position has arisen within the Customer Integration Support (CIS) team, part of the Airwave Managed Services directorate.
The CIS team are responsible for the engineering management of Airwave’s IP data networks, ensuring cost effective, reliable systems that perform to our customers’ demanding requirements.
The successful candidate will join the current team of four IP network engineers, and will work closely alongside them, as well as other functional areas in Airwave such as Technical Design, Technical Support, Test and Project Management.
About this role:
- This role involves a lot of IP network experience, IP network designs and more.
- You will be involved in a range of activities which support day-to-day operations or are project-based. Examples include implementation of changes and additions to IP networks, or testing new solutions on our Reference System.
. Adapting theoretical IP network designs into practical, realisable solutions.
- Providing 3rd line technical support on a range of IP, networking and integration issues.
- Supporting customers and their suppliers to connect to Airwave services and make full use of the services delivered.
- Working closely with the Network Security team to implement best practice security of devices and applications onto the live network.
- The role will involve some travel within the UK.
- During your time here, you’ll work within a team environment and be guided every step of the way by an experienced mentor.
- You will develop your technical skills in areas such as IP networks, addressing and connection rules, fault diagnosis and applicable tools.
- You will gain broad exposure to the technical and operational challenges we face every day at Airwave, and will develop both your technical and behavioural skills.
- We will support you to work towards industry recognised qualifications such as CCNP and IET professional registration.
- There will be opportunities to attend training relevant to your technical and future development needs.
- A good theoretical knowledge of IP data networking.
- A willingness to learn whilst applying theoretical knowledge in a work environment.
- A team player, eager to learn and develop.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to meet the requirement for UK security clearance at SC level.
- Relevant degree (2.2 or above) in Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering or related subject.
Only considering Graduates from the past 3 years.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.
Referral Payment Plan