As a Barclays Ab Initio Developer, you will be working across multiple projects or modules to understand requirements, develop and implement Ab Initio, Hadoop & MongoDB based batch and real time integration solutions and maintaining them. You will also be responsible for building Cloud-Based Ab Initio framework & automation solutions, along with migration of on-prem ETL applications on to Cloud infrastructure.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Analysing change requests/ incidents against applications/ products within domain
- Be responsible for story based development & unit test and adherence to all coding standards
- Providing documents for all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind
- Reporting Corporate Data Services progress utilising JIRA against assigned activities in a timely manner
- Raising and maintaining RAIDS in line with Barclays standards
- Building and maintaining delivery plans and tracking and managing progress
- Supporting data discovery and analytics across the wider corporate bank
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A good working knowledge paired with extensive experience of ETL technologies
- Experience of - Ab>Initio Continuous>Flows/Batch Processing/Ab>Initio Conduct>IT, Ab>Initio integration with Hadoop and MongoDB, Ab>Initio Enterprise Meta Environment
- Knowledge of advanced Ab>Initio products such as Active>Data Cluster & Ab>Initio integration on/ with AWS
- A detailed understanding of Data Modelling knowledge
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.