ISS are seeking a Power Engineer to work on a leading contract, working Nationwide.
The role will involve being a key member of the engineering team involved with ensuring that all batteries & power systems across the key sites are tested and managed to ensure complete resilience and compliance. The suitable candidate will also be responsible for the Battery replacements and DC system repairs as well as thermal imaging and other related tasks.
- To ensure testing of all batteries across all equipment within the national estate in line with Manufacturers recommendations and best industry practice.
- To ensure that all DC power systems are maintained in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Ensure testing is completed on all batteries in a given building without exception three times per year and DC power systems twice a year.
- Ensure that all battery and DC Power assets are recorded and tracked throughout the estate ensuring compliance.
- Plan and execute small battery work replacements with the assistance of the site engineering team to ensure full resilience of all battery systems is maintained.
- Undertake or support site engineers in minor DC power repair works.
- Ensure that any changes to battery or DC power assets are recorded and updated within the relevant asset register.
Professional and personal competencies/qualifications
- DC Power Systems and UPS Knowledge
- Electrically qualified - 17th/18th edition
- Flexible with working away, overnight stays
- Good communicator