Principal Safety Engineer
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations. Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and relevant experience
- E xperienced in safety in design background.
- Has led Safety Engineering team on FEED or EPC in oil & gas industry
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of Technical Safety.
- Familiar with Formal Safety Assessment (i.e. HAZID, HAZOP, QRA, FERA, EERA, SCEA, etc).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- HAZOP/HAZID Facilitator experience
- Familiar with Human Factors Engineering, Working Environment, Environmental Engineering