at Puppet, Inc. Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hi, I’m Dave Woods, Engineer Manager at Puppet,
I’m looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to help build out new products. As an engineer at Puppet, you are responsible for designing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting our software products and solutions. The right candidate will have a demonstrated track record in delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced agile environment. On our team, you will be given a high degree of ownership and responsibility for the overall quality and operation of every piece of software shipped.
Meaningful work you’ll contribute:
- Work in close cooperation with others in the organization (e.g. Product Managers, UX Team, etc.) to define how we build products for our customers and ship software to production that realizes the actual product vision.
- Deliver customer value by independently designing multiple features, tests, and large parts of a single product within a team.
- Engage with stakeholders (PMs, CS etc) that represent the customer to help define the product features and constraints.
- Regularly communicates individual status and state of commitments to the broader program and communicates and actively works to clear blockers for the team.
- Own and be accountable for the quality and customer experience for multiple interoperating features as part of a larger product.
- Influence the direction, work, and commitments of more junior engineers on the team by means of mentoring and collaboration.
- The customer’s champion. We serve our customers by managing their expectations and delivering what we promise.
- An entrepreneurial-minded spirit—you’re an action-oriented problem solver with a proactive mindset. You’re passionate with a love for solving user problems with software.
- A team player—who is collaborative and enjoys learning from and sharing knowledge with other developers in a team environment.
- Curious—You’re driven to learn and understand.
Valuable experiences and skills you’ll bring to Puppet:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with working on Front-end, Back-end or Full Stack
- Appreciation for writing tests and using testing frameworks.
- Awareness of the layers involved in full-stack development.
- Strong inquiring, problem-solving and troubleshooting mindset.
Bonus, but not required (tell us about it in your application if you have experience)
- Most of our teams make use of the following technologies so it would be interesting to hear if you have experience in any of them - but don’t worry if you don’t as we can help you learn in a supportive team environment:
- Container technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
- Working with remote teams.
- Engineering leadership with an ability to guide and mentor your fellow team members.
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations