1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Provision of installation training and support on AFL installation sites and site management of turnkey installations. Controlling contractor site activities to aid project managers in ensuring timely completion of projects within budget. To aid in providing a safe and healthy and environmentally sensitive work environment. Carry out site surveys and prepare risk assessments and job specific method statements
2. DIMENSIONS (a) Subordinates
(b) Money and Materials (ie. Turnover, Added Value, Budgets, Payrolls, etc.)
Control of personal expenses.
3. SIGNIFICANT INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS ie. Subordinates, Superior(s), other Contacts.
Directly reporting to Senior Field Engineer, on an ad hoc basis via phone, use of email to discuss a variety of site issues, methodology and or incidents.
Reporting to Project Managers/Engineers, on a daily basis via phone and email to discuss a variety of project related queries, progress, site issues and or incidents.
On site interaction with customers and installation contractors.
4. KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Good general level of literacy and numeracy Essential,
- PC literate with good basic knowledge of Microsoft office packages Essential
- Ability to work at height and climb high voltage power line poles and towers Essential
- Methodical, well organised and thorough with an eye for detail Essential
- Confident to communicate at all levels both within the organisation, with customers and contractors Essential
- Able to work on own initiative, self motivated, resourceful and cope under pressure Essential
- Full driving licence Essential,
- Full EU Passport, (or able to apply quickly) or passport with no worldwide travel restrictions Essential
- Presentable and professional appearance and communication skills for meeting customers and training contractors Essential
- Able to travel for extended periods of 4-6 weeks Essential.
- Understanding of H&S and CDM regulation requirements Essential
- Understanding of / ability in mechanical maintenance Essential
- DNO approved climbing / safety course Preferred
- Understanding of site Environmental/ISO14001 requirements Preferred.
- Experience of MS Projects an advantage,
- Previous experience of power line work an advantage
- Previous armed forces or remote overseas working an advantage
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES - This is a summary of the main duties of this position and list of duties is non-exhaustive
END RESULTS ACHIEVED
Prepare and asses site specific job requirements and prepare appropriate risk assessments and method statements
Well planned and executes site operations
Train sub-contract and customer installation teams
Efficient and qualified installation workforce
Ensure daily routine servicing of installation equipment
Reliable and safe installation equipment
Provide feedback on machine operation, reliability and developments
Ongoing improvement in design and reliability
Provide on-going support for installation in line with contract requirements
Completed installations in line with safety, quality and contractual requirements
Organise and direct AFL and sub-contractor site personnel on turnkey projects
Efficient use of contractors
Enforce AFL safe working methods, procedures and policies
Zero accidents or incidents
Record and report site progress, incidents and discrepancies
Provide documented reports for Project Manager/Project Services Director
Carry out Optical splicing and testing work as and when required. Understand optical communication issues
Completion and testing of optical links
Knowledge of installing aerial and other types of Fibre Optic cable in a High Voltage or other environment as applicable and working at height, control of contractors with a wide variety of foreign cultures and attitudes
Enforcing AFL safe working methods, procedures and policies
Meeting project deadlines
Maintaining accurate records
Communication with internal and external customers
FRAMEWORK AND BOUNDARIES
Company Environmental, Health and Safety policy
SkyWrap / ADSS and OPGW Installation Methods
ISO 9000 QA System
ISO14001 Environmental Management System