Job Title Base 24 Developer – Sponsorship available
The area is responsible for developing Colleague based applications that allow our users to service Customers via Branch, Telephony and Operational Channels. The front end applications are used by multiple business segments including Retail, Wealth, Corporate, Business Banking and BarclayCard. The team consists of over 300 employees across the UK, India and Lithuania working on both desktop and tablet solutions. The area continues to evolve and grow as we look to build applications once and re-use our code and services across multiple Channels.
As a Base 24 Developer, you’ll be providing hands on technical direction for the team developing Base24 Classic code for Barclays ATM and POS system that will provide new functionality features to our customers.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Providing hands on technical leadership for the team, developing Developing Base24 Classic code for Barclays ATM and POS system
- Producing, reviewing and signoff documentation providing details of changes made and impacts on the live system
- Providing new functionality to customers and keeping Barclays compliant with all scheme and industry requirements
- Providing support for application running on an HPE Non-Stop Active/Active environment
- Providing Level 3 support to Barclays production ATM and POS systems, assisting colleagues in the Application Management team
- Identifying development needs of staff in the system engineering team and assist them in addressing their development needs through guidance and coaching
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong knowledge of ACI Base24 Classic both POS and ATM
- Sound knowledge of EMV and NDC processing
- Experience of TACL Tandem
- Experience of driving a domain or a team
- Experience of DDL & Visa, BNET& Link protocols NDC
- Detailed understanding of ATM/POS transaction processing
- Knowledge of TSS and encryption processing
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.