End of publication date
Operations / Maintenance - Metering Engineer
Metering Technical Authority
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of our Metering team. You will be the technical lead providing engineering support to the engineers and technicians across all Perenco UK assets in the Southern North Sea. You will have responsibility to prioritise, plan and schedule maintenance work for a standalone team to comply with current legislation and commercial agreements, reporting back to the Metering Team Leader. Additionally, this role acts as a deputy for the Metering Team Leader during periods of absence. This position is primarily based in our Norwich office with travel to our onshore and offshore assets as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include:
The Metering Technical Authority role encompasses (but is not limited to) the following:
- Identify technical risk and advise Management.
- Discipline focal point for Regulators and External Agencies.
- Discipline owner for Simplification/Rationalisation themes and topics.
- Discipline owner of SNS standards and policies with expectation for periodic reviews.
- Approve technical deviations from SNS standards and policies (with appropriate RA).
- Technical approval for SORs and MOCs.
- Technical approval for risk assessments.
- Promote discipline ‘best practice' through networking groups / forums.
- Keep aware of current and new metering technologies and developments and make recommendations for improvements or cost savings as appropriate.
- Prepare documents outlining specifications for potential improvements.
- Define relevant standards, guidelines and procedures for all aspects of flow measurements and quality measurements, ensuring best practice is followed.
- Provide technical guidance by providing fault diagnosis and restorative work on metering systems and associated equipment.
- Provide detailed support for onshore/offshore assets investigating reported faults, providing solutions for the long term using best practices & methods.
- Provide mis-measurement reports to make corrections should system failures occur.
- Raise deviation and dispensation requests with associated documentation when required and maintain a register.
- Assess individual system uncertainties and make recommendations on how to maintain operation within the specified tolerances.
- Liaise with third party suppliers, customers and both independent and Government regulatory body auditors, coordinating visits to various installations to demonstrate system compliance. Attend audits on the assets and provide audit action responses.
- Arrange third party calibrations on or off site and witness when required to ensure compliance.
- Development and management of metering specific PMRs.
- Effective planning of shutdown maintenance scopes and associated manpower/vendors.
- Represent the Metering Team in any meetings or discussions as directed.
To be discussed
- Provide technical guidance for new metering systems and the upgrading of existing systems.
- Direct involvement in FEED and OGA PON applications/submissions.
- Review of work packs including functional design specifications, design, and procurement for new projects/equipment.
- Planning of work load and progress of works, procurement of necessary materials, meeting precise specifications and lead times.
- Provide support for onshore and offshore assets with ad-hoc offshore visits as required.
- Technical review of metering proposals from partners for new developments.
- Lead FAT/SAT as PUK representative for new or upgraded metering equipment.
- Generate and review suitable documentation in order to complete and record the testing fully. Ensure results are clear, methods are transparent and in line with relevant standards.
- Ensure smooth transition of systems from project to operational status.
- Comply with site and industry environmental requirements, liaise with third party vendors and auditors to ensure compliance with relevant regulators and standards.
- Coordinate the Metering Team's responsibilities under the EU Emissions Trading Scheme and ensure all relevant information is collected, recorded as required and provided to the Environmental team ahead of verifications.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Experience / Qualifications:
- Chartered Engineer in good standing with the Institute controlling the TA discipline or demonstrably working towards chartership.
- A higher Degree in a directly related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a directly comparable technical environment.
Perenco UK may appoint Technical Authorities based upon experience alone. This will be case dependent, but should consider the following criteria:-
- Previous experience of developing and approval of maintenance and integrity strategies.
- Previous experience of developing and managing the delivery of applicable Performance Standards.
- A proven record of technical management within the appointed discipline
- A full understanding and a record of implementing the applicable regulation, codes and standards applicable to the full remit of PUK operations.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Discretionary Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Pension Provision
Europe, United Kingdom, Norwich
3-year university degree