Up to £40,363
21 Aug 2020
We have a have an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Hydraulic Modeller to join the Engineering team in Falmer.
Are you a recent Masters Degree Graduate in Hydraulics? We'd love to hear from you and can support you with on-going training and development throughout your career with us. We'll even invest in your chartership training, enabling you to become a fully chartered CIWEM Modeller.
Reporting to the Modelling Lead you will provide technical modelling expertise in Wastewater to support design, construction and operation of assets. You will develop, embed and drive efficiency, consistency, technical expertise, collaborative and innovative ways of working to provide exceptional service to our customers, stakeholders and the Southern Water business.
You will be expected to but not limited to:
- Provide confidence in modelling outputs by delivering and ensuring quality products are delivered.
- Develop TOTEX solutions to support delivery and operational teams in outperforming SW outcomes.
- Use modelling results to support stakeholders in making their decisions. Recommend, with critique a proposed modelling approach to support the design teams. Monitor your own project delivery risks and actively manage these by engaging with the wider team.
- Challenge yourself and your colleagues to seek opportunities to continually improve the technical quality and confidence of modelling outputs.
- Embed and continually support the development of Southern Water modelling specifications.
- Promote innovation and the continuous improvement culture.
- Proactively manage stakeholders. Develop and maintain excellent internal networks across the business.
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
It’s an exciting time to be a Southern Water employee.
To tackle the challenges we face, we’re changing, at pace, to become brilliant at the basics – to deliver clean, safe water, through a reliable, future-proof network, at a price everyone can afford, and with great customer service at every step.
At the same time, we’re innovating across all areas of our business, from improving how we deliver services, to leading the way on issues such as single-use plastics.
We’re building an inclusive culture. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are creating a workplace where all people feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated, no matter who they are or where they come from.
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and do not discriminate on the grounds of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.
By submitting your details to this position at Southern Water, you are also agreeing to share your details with Gattaca PLC who are the managed service provider for all recruitment with the Southern Water Business.