What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $44 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
Slice was born in 2011 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 10,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favourite local pizza.
What You'll Do:
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently and with others on shared goals
- Work to deliver best in class user experiences on our consumer-facing pizza ordering app or our restaurant-facing management apps
- You'll have a major impact on the features and performance of all of our applications
- Collaborate with our designers and product team to build meaningful features and experiences for all our users
- Display expertise in resolution of software failures
- Lead by example by writing very high quality, maintainable code
- 5+ years experience of building mobile applications
- Advanced knowledge of Java or Kotlin
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills
- A drive to improve your skills and further your knowledge
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of your peers
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with both engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience with delivering production-ready code covered with unit tests
- Experience working on consumer focused mobile applications
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM
- Experience with Kotlin in Android
- Experience with Android view databinding
- Understanding of the full product development life-cycle
- Interest in working on back end web services, especially in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of current advances and tools being created and adopted by the Android software community
- Knowledge of official Android JetPack extensions and popular frameworks such as OkHttp, Retrofit, and RxJava
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Industry Leading Salary
- Share Options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health and Dental Care
- Income and Death insurance
- £750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.