Job description/Person specification
The position is based in Portsmouth, but our teams support projects throughout the country so a willingness to travel is essential. This could be anywhere from one day to a week at a time.
Position Requirements / Experience & Skills:
- Proactively work with solution architects and senior engineers to aid in the production of (and/or contributions to) proposals for work (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates)
- Lead tasks to ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and QinetiQ governance procedures and processes through design reviews
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in information technology
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and QinetiQ’s infrastructure services
- Be responsible for undertaking project work across the team as required – participation in reference groups, training and research on new functionality etc.
- Working towards becoming recognised as a Server expert within QinetiQ
- Technical background with a broad range of knowledge, based on Microsoft Server, VMWare, Cisco networking and a mixture of COTS, MOTS and custom applications.
- Experience providing customer support to IT systems, preferably within the Military environment.
- Practical experience of building VMWare ESXi (ideally VCP6.0 or later) and Microsoft Server 2012 (MCSA ideally, or demonstrable experience).
- A sound technical understanding of IT concepts, including Active Directory, Group Policy Object and DNS architectures.
- Experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Military Crypto and Communications systems would be desirable.
- Calm and methodical approach to problem solving
- Industry standard qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, such as MCSA, CISSP, CCNA, ITIL, VCP, degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to provide 24/7 support on a weekly rota
- Already have or willing to go through enhanced DV security clearance
#LI – QQ