We are recruiting a Service Operations Engineer to play a key role on the service desk. This role will work to the Senior Service Operations Support Lead but also provide direct support to the IS Operations manager and the Head of IT Operations to deliver a consistently high level of customer service to staff.
We are recruiting a Service Operations Engineer to play a key role on the service desk. This role will work to the Senior Service Operations Support Lead but also provide direct support to the IS Operations manager and the Head of IT Operations to deliver a consistently high level of customer service to staff. The core activities of this role are:
- 1st and 2nd line call logging for all incidents and requests raised to service desk.
- Carry out daily checks on our applications and servers as appropriate.
- Provide initial support and triage of incidents raised, ensuring calls are logged with the correct priority and categorisation. If unable to resolve ensure the ticket and customer are updated on next steps and resolution time.
- Timely closure of customer incidents ensuring the customer is kept up to date throughout progress of their incident.
- Regular engagement with the ORR IT Technical team (3rd line) to better understand the ORR IT environment, and related services.
- Demonstrate a proactive nature, and use initiative to identify where improvements could be made to enhance the service provided to the ORR staff. This could be hardware, software or infrastructure for example.
- Proactively support the 3rd line team with resolution of problems and incidents
- Set up of and configuration of new kit for staff, including ensuring specialised software is installed prior to delivery to new starters.
- Ensure timely back off to third party suppliers as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Support customers in the set-up and maintenance of audio visual and conferencing systems
- Ensure all faults to hardware (e.g. laptops, printers, phones) are reported correctly and ensure that logs are maintained on progress to repair
- Manage software requests and ensure that software installations are installed in a timely manner.
- Support IS Management at staff training and engagement events.
This description of the job may be subject to review, and is to provide you with guidelines within which you would work. Other duties appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
- Experience of setting up user hardware with standard images; and
- Experience of deploying new software applications and working with TeamViewer to support remote staff.
- Experience of Lenovo and Samsung devices;
- Experience of working with third party suppliers to resolve customer issues.
- Experience of working with O365
ITIL v3 Foundation
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, particularly Windows 10;
- Knowledge of ServiceNow incident logging system
- Ability to quickly identify when problems are emerging and escalating to management;
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
For further information around benefits at ORR please visit the following website: http://orr.gov.uk/careers/working-at-orr/rewards-and-benefits.