Our busy Manufacturing client in the Cookstown area are seeking to appoint a professional, experienced Design Engineer to join the team.
Reporting directly to a Project Design Manager, and working collaboratively within a Project Design team, ensuring the co-ordination and implementation of world class Engineering capability. This position is based in Cookstown but will require some travel given the global profile of our work.
Reporting to Project Design Manager – the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and releasing a product as part of a product owner team as well as individual live projects. Please note, this job description is not exhaustive as other duties may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Manage the on-time completion, adherence to schedule, quality and cost of project design projects from design through to supporting build and installation.
- To produce accurate BOM’s, layout and fabrication drawings for projects and manage and liaise with customers and suppliers on design specifics/aesthetics & plant requirements
- Own a product within a product owner team ensuring quality & cost is monitored and roadmap for product is realised
- Ensure the design aspect of their assigned product/projects continues to meet and exceed internal and customer expectations
- Liaison with Suppliers/2020V to ensure design is per manufacturing capabilities
- Co-ordinate and update Project Design Manager on ongoing assigned work status
- Ensure project related snag work is prioritised and completed promptly
- Educated to degree or HND/HNC level in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in an engineering design office
- Experience in BOM Creation, Draughting, Design for manufacture
- A very high level of Quality awareness
- Fluent in 3D CAD
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective communication in writing, orally, and through presentations
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to set and meet timelines and motivate team
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Classification
- A proven track record of managing the design of projects (Circa + £0.5m)
- Fluent in 2D CAD
- Excellent Solid Edge skills
Reference ID: 12022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year