We are now looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join the IT team to provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the firm and to support the IT Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems as well as general maintenance of all IT related hardware and software. This role will provide exposure to a wide range of IT related activities and projects and would be suited to a candidate who is able to hit the ground running.
The main tasks of the role will involve:
- Escalating IT issues to the Senior Systems Engineer where necessary
- Responsible for managing backups and tape rotation and labelling
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues on end user’s computers
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Director
- Providing desktop and basic server support
- Supporting and maintaining Workstations, Servers including Exchange servers
- Setting up, configuring and installing authorised software on new workstations, laptops and mobile phones
- facilitate internal user moves including phones
- Ensuring patch management is carried out regularly and on time. This includes installing
various security patches and windows updates.
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring End Point Security on all workstations and laptops
- Troubleshoot and fix software and hardware problems on workstations and laptops
- Cat 5e/6A cabling, termination, patching and cable management
- Maintain inventory log of all computers, monitors, printers, phones and any other IT equipment spread across all branches
- Active Directory and Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving
user accounts and mailboxes
Key Skills Required:
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with IT Policies
- Providing physical and remote support to end users and Consultants
- Travel and support end users based in other branches
- Experience in supporting a busy IT department within a fast paced business environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written).
- Able to work on own initiative (self-motivated) and under pressure.
- Team player, able to support other team members in the delivery of team objectives.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Ability to be proactive.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly.
A full, Clean UK driver’s license is essential.
We are the fastest growing firm of Solicitors, with offices across London and the UK. We deal in a wide range of legal services that caters for clients on a public funding or private fee basis. Duncan Lewis is privileged to have several franchises from the Legal Aid Agency.
We look to recruit dedicated and talented employees in both legal and non-legal capacities, and we are always interested to receive applications from quality candidates, whether experienced or novice. If you can demonstrate a strong commitment to the areas of law provided by the firm, and you are keen to build a career with us, please click here to with your details and CV.
Duncan Lewis is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity of its staff. The Company strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, which is reflective at all levels within our workforce. We guarantee an interview for candidates that disclose a disability and meet the essential requirements for the post. Please provide additional details in your covering letter, if this applies.