FDM Group is an international IT services provider currently looking for bright, highly motivated and talented Graduates with a passion for IT to join our team.
Our developers will work as professional FDM Consultants on site with one of our prestigious clients and as such are able to add world renowned brands such as Barclays, Aberdeen Standard Investment, Sky, Save the Children and Virgin Media to their CVs (just to mention a few). FDM will develop your niche skills that are currently in very high demand in today’s IT industry.
FDMs unique combination of fully funded training and commercial experience will fast-track your career progression into roles in Java or .Net Software Development. You will be trained to one of the following programming languages: Java, SQL, C, C#, C++, Python or similar. You will also write code that can be easily modified to meet changing client requirements. Following your training at FDM, you will develop the ability to write code that is modular, robust, scalable and maintainable to a professional standard.
Your main responsibilities
- Liaising with clients, writing, developing, testing and reviewing code, supporting existing applications
- Liaising with end users to fix defects, find solutions and test them
- Investigate the feasibility of change requests and add implementing solutions
What’s in it for you?
- Fully-funded training located in our Glasgow City Centre Academy
- The opportunity to achieve an MSc in Applied Computer Science (fully-funded by FDM)
- Experience working on-site with our renowned client base
- Professional skills development through quality training
- Ongoing support and mentoring
- Accelerated career progression
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- Recognition for your achievements including our monthly Consultant awards
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2.2 Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or any other degree, if you have experience within coding/programming
- Determination to build a successful career in IT and business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environments
- Able to commit to work with FDM for a minimum of 2 years
- Geographically flexible throughout the UK
You don't need to study IT to work in IT - any degree background welcome!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,500.00 to £26,000.00 /year