The Mere, Upton Park, Slough
Are you a caretaker, facilities maintenance engineer or a tradesman looking to take a step into management? Want to work in a friendly environment for a leading education research charity? If so, come and join NFER as our Estate Manager.
At NFER, our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. In this role you’ll report into the Facilities Manager as part of the team who oversee our buildings, grounds, plant and other capital resources, shaping and maintaining a great working environment that all our employees can thrive in.
From everyday basics such as ensuring the site looks good, to the monthly PPM schedule, you’ll lead planned and unplanned works programmes from inception to completion. You’ll problem-solve, advise and make recommendations regarding technical services, repairs and improvements.
We are a friendly and collaborative organisation and you’ll be responsible for a team of grounds staff, security and cleaners who look after our 5 acre site which includes modern offices, home to 220 staff, as well as our 19th century country manor house, car park and gardens.
We are looking for someone who cares about creating a work environment that is fit for tomorrow, can motivate and lead a team to deliver a service that runs smoothly and who is competent to act with autonomy.
- Salary of £35,798 - £40,291 depending on experience, with generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ leave per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Free parking
- Excellent support for professional development
You’ll love this job if you are:
- A background in a technical trade or as a facilities maintenance engineer
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- The ability to trouble-shoot mechanical or maintenance systems breakdowns
- A good understanding of health and safety principles
Bonus points if you have:
- Good at people management
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Good with organisation and planning and able to prioritise your work and work of others
- Confident to act on own judgement
- A professional trade qualification such as air conditioning, electrical, plumbing or other
- Experience working in a facilities environment
- A NEBOSH qualification or the willingness to be trained
You may have held similar positions such as Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Facilities Maintenance Manager, Facilities Maintenance Engineer, Electrician or Air Conditioning Engineer, Plumber, or Builder - looking for an office management role.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 30th August 2020.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as an Estate Manager, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.