- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ full years of professional experience in software development.
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, Java, Python or Ruby. Other languages could also be considered.
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
Amazon Selection & Catalogs Systems (ASCS) will be hosting a hiring event in Buenos Aires, Argentina and will take place the week of March 2nd, 2020. We will be hiring Software Development Engineers for our office in London, England and the role will require relocation.
ASCS owns the systems that allow Amazon carry the largest, highest quality and most up to date selection in the world. ASCS directly contributes to Amazon's vision of carrying earth's largest selection. As a member of the team, you will play a key role in driving Amazon's business. You will solve technical challenges in large webscale computing, distributed systems, web applications, data mining, optimization, scalability, availability and algorithms to name a few. Working with business teams to translate their needs into technical requirements you will build cutting-edge systems that meet challenging business and technical goals.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real world problems? Do you have a curious mind that applies concepts like machine learning, pattern matching and mathematical modelling to solve complex online business scenarios? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business as a key player in global e-commerce?
To meet these challenges, we are looking for a passionate, talented and super-smart software engineer. We’re looking for someone who innovates, loves solving hard problems and never takes no for an answer. Our engineers are some of the best software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun and make history.
With a broad technology toolbox you are able to select the right technical solution for each business challenge, playing a key role within the team as we build innovative and robust solutions that drive ongoing expansion to Amazon's catalogs across our worldwide websites. Your solutions must be well designed, implemented, tested, deployed and supported. Your success will depend on your skills in understanding the big picture of Amazon's business and delivering incremental solutions contributing to the larger vision.
Amazon.co.uk offers a competitive reward package, pension scheme and life cover, 25 days holiday per annum and a range of other excellent benefits including private healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
- Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between