Join the industrial controller design team and utilize your software skills to develop real-time embedded software used in GE Power Conversion’s Automation Controller product lines.
- Work in small, self-motivated teams collaborating with Product Leadership to determine customer needs and transforming those customer needs into control and communication products
- Be involved in all phases of software development from requirements definition to production release
- Support the creation of technical documentation including user manuals, software design and test specifications
- Be involved in investigation and resolution of customer issues.
- Work closely with other team members and functions to ensure product design meets specifications
- Occasional travel to customer or other GE development locations may be required.
1. BSc/BEng in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field of study
2. Three or more years of experience in real time, embedded software development
3. Demonstrated experience with C or C++ in a real time embedded environment like VxWorks, Linux, QNX or similar real-time operating system.
4. Practical experience with software development tools needed to perform programming and debug of real time software modules.
5. Experience with computer networks, Ethernet, LANs, TCP/IP and other protocols.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
7. Growth capabilities for more responsible software development positions
1. Demonstrated experience with Intel x86 or Freescale architecture microprocessors
2. Demonstrated experience with Ethernet and network communication protocols
3. Knowledge of IEC 62443 cyber security standard for industrial and automation control systems
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewable and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency.
GE Power Conversion is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities.
We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles; and we are open to discuss flexible ways of working that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.