Senior Application Operations Engineer - Remote - 3 months - inside IR35 - £300-350 per day - SC clearance (essential)
This role is INSIDE IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
You will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services. Joining an innovative, supportive community of skilled digital professionals, you will work in agile and creative ways in order to improve technology services, to the benefit of nearly every UK citizen.
The Senior Application Operations Engineer both leads and participates in supporting the delivery of the IT service, typically being responsible for a small portfolio of applications.
They are also responsible for the technical leadership of assigned projects and aid the Delivery Lead in the delivery and support of the live service. The role will cover Incident Management including escalation, service restoration and out of hours' support.
Please note that the team provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and as a result you may be expected to work as part of an on call rota. (separate rates apply)
You must have the appropriate level of security clearance (SC Level).
What we are looking for
- Acts in a counterpart capacity to the Delivery Lead. Whilst the DL is focusing on the overall service and leadership of the team. The Senior Application Operations Engineer is expected to bring the expertise and technical leadership for a given group of applications.
- To apply in-depth technical knowledge to positively influence the successful resolution of live service issues and escalated service outages
- Support the Delivery Lead in understanding the technical impact and dependencies of client requirements in a multi-vendor organisation
- To act as an ambassador for BPDTS Ltd and to provide technical representation and consultation for the applications in your portfolio
- Ensures adherence to the ITIL Framework across the portfolio of applications, maintaining compliance to Incident, Problem, Change and Release processes
- Translate and communicate effectively to non-technical stake holders
- To build sustainable networks to allow consultation with team members and other organisations, clients and vendors on complex issues
- Promote and assist with the delivery of standards & automation. E.g. bringing tools, processes and -expertise to provide new solutions to enhance processes and introduce efficiencies
- Maintain accurate and consistent data management techniques, document (via SharePoint) and communicate regularly to stakeholders
- Gather, analyse, understand and manage current application(s) and process MI with a view to reporting upward, to the customer and to the CSI manager for potential incorporation of technical and functional process efficiencies
- Ensure strong relationships with key stakeholders and counterparts, i.e. Delivery Organisation, Level 3 suppliers, Delivery Lead, Team Lead, Service Managers
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team.
- Provide direct support to Team Leads and Delivery Leads as needed.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.