Field Based with a base in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland
Excellent Salary DOE Plus Company Vehicle
Our client is a leading provider of scientific laboratory equipment and solutions with a proven history of growth and success. They are now seeking a Field Service Engineer to join their existing team of talented engineers and this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills with a successful company.
In this exciting and challenging position, you’ll have the chance to work with an extensive customer base and play an important role in the continued success and growth of the business.
Joining the Service Team, you’ll work with broad range of laboratory equipment including; autoclaves, centrifuges, fridges, freezers, incubators and biological safety cabinets, and will undertake calibration, servicing and maintenance activities. Maintaining all associated documentation, you’ll complete service reports and calibration certificates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Carry out routine service and maintenance, emergency repairs and general technical support for customers throughout Ireland
- Deliver high-quality service and support to customer sites
- Complete service and calibration documentation in compliance with GDP (Good Documentation Practice) and in a timely fashion
- Provide creative, innovative solutions to customer technical issues based on sound knowledge of the product portfolio and strong, up-to-date competency
- Follow all company Health & Safety policies with diligence and ensure that H&S requirements of customer sites are adhered to (and any Protective Personal Equipment is worn and in good condition)
- Work in a safe, compliant and efficient manner at all times and ensure a timely turnaround on all activities to maximise customer satisfaction
- Any other additional task commensurate with the level and scope of the role as deemed by management of the company
- Ideal candidates will typically have a minimum NFQ Level 5-6 qualification (or equivalent experience) in Electronics, Electronic Servicing, Mechatronics or a related discipline
- A craft certificate in Electrical, Mechanical or Automated Process Control with field service experience
- A full, clean driving licence
Previous experience in a laboratory environment would be beneficial, as would experience of servicing and repairing white goods/domestic appliances, HVAC and/or refrigeration products.
- Strong electro/mechanical aptitude with a good understanding of electric and electronic principles and the ability to use these in practice
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills: a methodical approach to fault-finding and problem-solving techniques, with a “first fix” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills: customer-focused with good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and presents themselves as an “ambassador” of the company in the most professional way
- Self-motivated team player, with good organisational/time-management skills and the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Confident in training customers in both one-on-one and group sessions
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages; Outlook, Word and Excel
Please note, this role involves lifting objects of up to 20kg without any assistance.
To apply for the role of Field Service Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Installation Engineer, Field Service Technician, Installation Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Laboratory Equipment.