1. To work within a multi-disciplined workforce.
2. To be responsible for the maintenance and repair of process and ancillary plant.
3. Provide a technical input into the solving of process & equipment problems.
4. Carry out equipment or process improvements, as directed.
5. Work within the team to ensure the plant runs effectively and efficiently
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Make a conscious effort to update your Plant status knowledge, via Shift reports.
2. Liaise with production personnel, and report back to your supervisor potential problems.
3. Carry out the instructions from your supervisor.
4. Meet with immediate Engineering Charge hand and Supervisor to discuss problems and solutions.
5. Develop individually and within the team, adapt to become more pro-active.
6. Take an active part in the MCE process.
7. Provide support for other engineers and departments as and when required.
8. Carry out maintenance programmes.
9. Produce CMMS work requests and up-date as required.
10. Produce written reports, when requested.
11. Suggest improvements to work methods.
12. Drive toward improving machinery performance and reducing maintenance costs.
13. Help evaluate new equipment, and carry out performance trials.
14. Work overtime when requested.
15. Cover holidays and sickness for other engineers.
16. Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
17. Report all, deficiencies observed during the course of your duties.
18. Be prepared to cover the chargehand if you are selected.
19. Participate in the individual training programmes
20. Always work to current Health and Safety legislation.
1. Apprentice trained Essential
2. Worked within the food industry Desirable
1. Knowledge of Microsoft programs Essential
2. Knowledge of SAP Desirable
3. Knowledge of PLC Essential
4. 17th Edition Desirable
1. Electrical Engineering Essential
2. Multi-skilled Essential
3. Problem solving skills Essential
4. Accurate with attention to detail Essential
Internal Production, Stores and MCE
McCain Foods (G.B.) Ltd