At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Life Sciences Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP) Application Engineering group works with sales, marketing, manufacturing, engineering, and service to help secure orders and provide technical support and training to internal and external Customers. Associate VHP Application Engineers are learning the field of VHP technology and applications and work primarily with STERIS integrated and mobile VHP products that serve the pharmaceutical process and laboratory research segments of the Life Sciences market as well as the Food and Beverage market.
VHP Solutions (65%)
- Works with approved OEM’s and end users for efficient integration of STERIS VHP products and technology. Typical OEM applications include isolators, safety cabinets, filling lines, modular rooms, HVAC integrators, and pass-through chambers. Typical end user integrations include modular VHP systems integrated to building HVAC, rooms, or pass-through chambers; and stand-alone vacuum and atmospheric VHP chambers.
- Completes assigned training plan and maintains required technical proficiency through Customer project support and the attendance at scheduled training sessions and meetings.
- Performs cycle development for VHP applications including pre-work, execution, and report with help from VHP Application Engineer or Senior VHP Application Engineer as required.
- Assists VHP Application Engineer in managing project lifecycle for VHP projects and interacts with factory and service team as required-pre order, order, and cycle development.
- Provides updates and maintains VHP project backlog report and documenting KPI’s. Other reports as required by STERIS (expense, car mileage, safety, etc.)
Sales Team Support (20%)
- Develops equipment options, exceptions and clarifications and special sales quotes (SSQ)
- Works with Sales team to keep project report and forecast accurate and up to date.
- Supports work with architect and engineering (A&E) firms, architects, planners, and end users to promote VHP project opportunities and influence project bid specifications with STERIS solutions.
Develop Professional Community Relationships and Strategic marketing initiatives (15%)
- Conducts classes, webinars, and training seminars, educating the professional community and Customers, by serving in a consultative and supportive role.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering General
Proven industry experience in working with VHP applications in Life Sciences Industry or technical application engineering experience with capital equipment.
Bachelor’s degree preferred (Engineering or Technical discipline preferred)
Strong communication and presentation skills with Customers
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, CAD/Voloview)
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE:
STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.