£35,000 - £41,332 (Depending on Experience)
25 days annual leave,
Up to 10% bonus
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
High Street Discount Website Access
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar:
helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
As a result of both new product introduction and growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional Quality Engineer to join a multi-functional team in our relentless quest for defect free products and processes.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
As a Quality Engineer you will be directly accountable for product line performance throughout the extended assembly, test and finish processes along with resulting Customer quality for one of our class leading products
- Leading timely Emergency, Interim and Permanent corrective actions for both Customer and internal quality events collaborating across disciplines.
- An ambassador and coach for Built in Quality / Lean focus.
- Quality improvement project leadership utilising Office 365 tools.
- Internal Continuous Improvement support and ownership.
- Internal & external Customer contact and relationship management in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering teams.
- Exercise a variety of tools and techniques; PDCA, 6 Sigma and 8D.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Good working knowledge of Quality Standards and Manufacturing Operations.
- Experience of applying 8D or similar structured problem-solving techniques in a manufacturing environment.
- A professional approach and capable of communicating effectively at all levels within the business.
- Good verbal, influencing and numerical skills and able to lead teams effectively through problem solving.
- Strong ability to motivate, influence, drive compliance and continuous improvement.
- Good working knowledge of engineering, design, manufacturing and maintenance processes.
- Excellent in the use of Office 365 applications with attention to analysis.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- HNC or higher in a Technical or Engineering qualification.
- Previous experience in a Quality role.
- Examples of Continuous Improvement and team leadership a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of assembly, test and finish manufacturing processes.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.