QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ supports the delivery of secured navigation which can be depended on when accurate navigation, positioning/ timing is mission-critical. Our specialist teams provides our clients with consultancy support, research and the development of services & security capabilities for the next generation of navigation systems including, in particular, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers.
Due to continued growth across the department, we are looking to appoint a number of Systems Engineers to play a significant role in the in the design and implementation of navigation systems including satellite navigation receivers. Working across a large multi-disciplinary team, the role will involve:
- Capture & Analysis of customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps
- System Design, Development & Testing of GNSS products
- Working across a broad spread of technical, project and security domains with the ability to work at both the ‘big picture’ and technical detail levels.
- Developing Innovative and cutting edge solutions
- Engaging with other technical experts and incorporate their input into broader technical solutions.
We are interested with speaking with candidates who have experience across Navigational systems, ideally including GNSS products. You will have gained system design experience, able to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems. As we have a number of posts we are looking to fill, we are interested in speaking with Systems Engineers who have knowledge of any of the following:
- Navigation system specification
- Navigation signal processing
- Multi-sensor navigation
- Robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof)
- Real Time Kinematic satellite navigation
- GNSS security
Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate must be willing to undergo high level security clearance.