Resident Engineer – Civil Engineering (Water/Wastewater)
Senior Resident Engineer
Dublin, Cork & Galway
RPS lead the way in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We work on the most stimulating and challenging projects delivering Ireland’s infrastructure and we are also advancing in the UK markets, where we are active on a number of impressive ventures.
Internationally, RPS has over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ over 370 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
We are currently recruiting a number of Resident Engineers to work as key members of our water services team across our sites in Dublin and Eastern Midlands region.
As Resident Engineer, you will become responsible for the delivery of the construction phase of water related projects within multidisciplinary environments.
At RPS, you will be offered a dynamic and rewarding career offering variety and an opportunity to work on interesting projects. You will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services in Ireland and across the globe. We pride ourselves on delivering a first class quality service to our Clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business.
- Responsible for the supervision and associated contract administration of construction works in proposed projects
- Supervision of junior staff and co-ordination with M&E Staff
- Responsible for carrying out orders and instructions from the Employer’s Representative and Client along with such other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Client
- Assist the Senior Resident Engineer in contractual, measurement and technical matters
- Assist the Client in all matters associated with Stakeholder Management
- Monitoring of project compliance with relevant safety, statutory, environmental and waste management obligations
- Monitor quality, progress and report on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements and ensure that the Employer’s Representative and Client are fully informed of all issues arising on site
- Monitor the Contractor for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and in doing so utilise any associated Client related instructions or processes
- Review of method statements and assessment of contractor’s engineering proposals
- Contribute to project team performance by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines
- Enhance company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments
- Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards Chartership
- Have at least 7 years’ post graduate relevant experience with at least 4 years’ relevant experience on site, 2 of which involved supervising Major Capital Infrastructural Works on water related projects
- Experience in administering contracts using both the Public Works & FIDIC Contracts
- Have a good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Traffic Management and Underground services
- Experience in trenchless technology, pipeline design and construction, rehabilitation and testing, reinforced concrete design and construction (water retaining structures)
- Ability to lead and motivate, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
- Ability to work in compromising situations and able to devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Knowledge of process engineering would be advantageous
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with relevant computer applications
Having completed the following health and safety training along with relevant certification would be a considerable advantage (state those completed in CV):
- Safe Pass
- Manual Handling
- Managing Safety in Construction (not required for Clerk of Works or Site Technician)
- 3 Day Construction Skills Certification Scheme Signing Lighting and Guarding of Roadworks
- 1 Day H&S at Road Works
- Working At Heights – Harness Training
- Confined Space Entry
Applicants should indicate in their application the counties that they are available to work in.
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.