What if you could work with remarkable people on extraordinary things? What if the end result was something a little bit special? What if your role was mission critical?
For nearly 70 years, AWE has been at the forefront of nuclear weapons research and development. We have a critical mission: to provide the warheads for the UK’s ultimate deterrent – Trident. We also use our unique skills to provide wider UK government with counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
We are recruiting for a Applications Developer to be Accountable for the development and provision of software applications in line with relevant company policies, processes or external regulations, standards, codes of practice, and best practice. The main focus of this role will be the development, deployment and continual support and improvement of PLM applications, specifically for Teamcenter and NX.
Location – Reading area
Salary – from £33240
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, an excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependant). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
- Ensure compliance with company processes and procedures relating to the delivery of project.
- Undertake research and development of new technologies to maintain current knowledge
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
- Undertake analysis of business requirements, working with customers to prepare solution designs and specifications for self and others to meet customer requirements
- Design and build software and software modifications to meet business requirements using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result
- Provide technical third line support for supported applications and services
- Ensure configuration and change is managed and controlled throughout software development lifecycle
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process
- Maintain local software quality documentation to ensure TS800 standards are met
- Provide timely updates to task managers on the status of assigned deliverables
- Retain knowledge of latest programming and design techniques.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country’s nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and people with disabilities.