About the role
You will help to deliver a range of projects including those in the education, transport, emergency services, industrial and health sectors. Reporting to a chartered structural engineer and working as part of the design team you will contribute to the following project inputs:
- Designing building structures using Eurocodes and a range of materials including concrete, steel, masonry, and timber
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams in the preparation of design solutions
- Preparation of structural sketches, stage reports and specifications
- Coordinating the structural design with other disciplines, with the use of BIM tools
- Representing Mott MacDonald at design team meetings
- Preparation of tender documentation
This role needs someone who is passionate about their work and who can use their experience as an engineer to deliver solutions that meet our clients requirements.
- BEng or MEng in structural or civil engineering
- Experience working as a structural design engineer on multi-disciplinary building projects.
- Experience/Familiarity in the use of Eurocodes.
- Experience in the use of structural design software packages.
- Computer literate, MS Word and Excel.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Aware of a range of BIM tools and appreciates the relative advantages/disadvantages
We design distinctive, imaginative buildings that inspire civic and corporate pride, buildings that reflect our drive for excellence and innovation. You can be part of the team in Belfast that deliver inventive and sustainable solutions to our client’s needs. We understand that it’s our people who make the projects and we are currently recruiting a Structural Engineer to join this growing team.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Tom Kelly / Diana Collington
Europe and Central Asia