This is an exciting opportunity for an Controls Engineering Technician to join our Engineering team at the AB London Bakery. The role is required to be the site technical expert on all matters relating to electrical standards and control systems, providing advice and guidance as well as hands on technical assistance as required. The position holds specific responsibilities for the design, specification and purchasing of electrical equipment ensuring site technology remains up to date and is responsible for compiling detailed electrical specifications for plant, equipment and installations as required.
- To be the site Electrical Duty Holder
- To provide expert electrical assistance in the fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, wrapping machines and site services as requested.
- To continually upgrade and maintain the sites PLC systems and documentation.
- Project work including installation, modification, upgrade, commissioning and development as directed.
- To manage, co-ordinate and issue the sites electrical Authorisation and Competency certificates to all engineering personnel.
- To determine the electrical skill set for all engineering personnel and develop the requirements as appropriate.
- To carry out regular audits of the engineering team and site to ensure the appropriate electrical standards, specifications and ECOPS are complied with.
- To administer and ensure compliance with the sites Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) system.
- To establish and administer the sites electrical inspection and testing procedures for all plant, equipment and buildings.
- The preparation, administration and upkeep of electrical schematics and drawings of plant, equipment and distribution systems.
- To have a detailed knowledge of plant electrical systems, site electrical supply and distribution systems.
- Support and assist in EAM activities
Skills & Qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship, Electrical HND or Electrical Degree are essential.
- Previous experience as an electrical engineer including practical experience gained within electrical engineering function.
- Detailed knowledge of general electrical legislation, Regulations, Statutory procedures and practical applications.
- Detailed knowledge of electrical Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Ability to solve problems using a logical thought process and implement solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ability to work consistently to high standards and prioritize tasks according to workload.
- The jobholder will be able to show evidence in being able to operate under pressure in a fast moving technical environment.
- Sound decision making skills and an effective communicator with internal and external functions.
- PLC experience to programming level gained ideally on Mitsubishi (D) & Allen Bradley.
- Experience using SCADA
Job start date:
Hours per week: