Sussex but with regular travel
to our Weybridge, Surrey
Jankel Armouring Limited is a great place to work. The Company is evolving and
growing in response to unprecedented success in supplying mission-critical
vehicles, survivability systems and services to clients across the world, including
Departments of Defence, Government Organisations, Non-Government
Organisations and Original Equipment Manufacturers. Following the win of several
major programs, we are now looking to strengthen our existing Quality Department.
So where do you fit in?
The Supplier Quality Engineer’s role will be to lead and develop the supplier quality
assurance team with a focus on supplier development and continuous improvement
throughout our Supply Chain. The Supplier Quality Engineer’s role will also ensure
adherence to Jankel’s quality management system processes, customer
requirements, quality standards and contractual obligations.
- Create and deliver a supplier quality assurance strategy that is fit for
purpose, that delivers high levels of performance for current and future
projects underpinning the Jankel strategic plan.
- Lead and support the development of the supplier quality team, focused on
continuous improvement and striving for high levels of performance.
Delivered through structured objectives and PDR discussions.
- Set challenging and stretching targets that the team can achieve to improve
the supply chain performance.
- To assure that for the specific scope of supply, the suppliers are selected
from the Jankel approved supplier list. Where there is no approved list for
this scope of supply, the objective of supplier quality assurance is to ensure
that the suppliers are selected using the relevant process and appropriate
- To ensure that Jankel flows down the appropriate contractual and quality
requirement to the supply chain to meet the obligations to its customers.
- Identify, understand and ensure compliance to Certification and welding
coding from suppliers. Ability to inspect and challenge suppliers in a number
of automotive engineering disciplines.
- To understand and comply with Company policies and procedures including,
but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Collaborate and develop supplier capability that delivers value to Jankel’s
- Lead and support cost reduction activities through the supply chain, with a
focus on quality.
- Implement a supplier monitoring action plan focused on improving the
supply chain’s performance and mitigating risks.
- Promote close working relationships with all departments and suppliers,
including procurement and engineering to ensure goods and services are
delivered in compliance with specifications and drawings.
- Conduct regular auditing of suppliers to maintain compliance while
developing Jankel’s capability to challenge supplier performance.
- Aid manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of suppliers on new
- Audit and assessment of supply chain to ensure current & future business
needs are met.
- Ensure product conformance and process controls within supply chain and
the flow-down of business and customer quality requirements.
- Resolution of quality concerns using appropriate quality methodologies.
Lead investigation into root cause analysis and implement long term
strategies that addresses failures in the supply chain. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Record keeping of supplier approvals, audits and visits and monitoring of
supplier performance against objectives. Interested? Then apply by
Let’s talk about you! sending your CV to
We are seeking someone who has:
- Relevant qualification in a quality engineering discipline or relevant firstname.lastname@example.org
experience. Quoting Job Ref. 176
- Understanding and reading of engineering drawings and their specifications.
- Speaking directly to customers internal & external/suppliers in a confident
- Proven track record of supplier development in manufacturing and
- Knowledge of welding procedures and processes and visual inspection of
welded components and Coding.
- Knowledge of ISO and AQAP (NATO) procedures.
- Strong approach to processes and implementation of improvements.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to construct strong and robust arguments.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and other TQM methodology.
- PC skills word, excel, report writing and use of SAP One Business Systems.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
- Customer focussed - displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal
and external customer needs.
- Results-focussed - strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach
goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business
- Flexibility - displays versatility and adaptability. Identifies need for change,
develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation. Reacts positively
and with enthusiasm to change and improvement. Has capability to
achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure. Self-
manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less.
- Professional - takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions
of decisions carefully. Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high
competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to “do the right
- Integrity and morality - acts with scrupulous honesty with customers,
colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they come into contact with in
- Communication and listening - strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate
use of written, oral, non-verbal and listening skills, with an ability to
persuasively impart information and pick up on underlying messages.
- Superior planning and organisation skills.
- Problem solving - displays logic, creativity and pragmatism in resolving
problems, requiring little supervision and using disciplined problem-solving
- Adaptability - the ability to react to different circumstances whilst
maintaining composure and focus on objectives; can be relied upon in tough
situations and is able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate
- Teamwork - a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage
the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand others
motivations and actively assess their strengths and weaknesses, is aware
of others workloads and responds accordingly.
- Leadership - strong leadership skills, conveying confidence, presence and a
professional image at all levels within an organisation. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Willing to travel in UK and internationally as required.
Interested? Then apply by
sending your CV to
In return we offer a competitive salary plus quality benefits, including early finish on Caroline Bayliss
Candidates must be eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) email@example.com
level. Quoting Job Ref. 176
Role is based at our Company’s offices in Rustington, West Sussex with requirement
for regular travel to our office in Weybridge, Surrey.
Jankel is an armed
recognising the value serving
veterans and military families
bring to our business.