QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
About the role:
We are looking for enthusiastic Engineers with experience in the military air domain to help us deliver our growing portfolio of work.
Currently, we are seeking positive and dynamic individuals with demonstrable experience in one or more of the subject areas listed below and based in either the Farnborough or Bristol areas.
- Aircraft structural integrity
- Independent structural airworthiness advice
- Independent Technical Evaluation and Release to Service
- Design requirements
- Airworthiness policy and regulation
- Aircraft usage assessment
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Aircraft loads evaluation
- Flutter and aeroelastics
- Stores integration
- Structural teardown
- Fatigue analysis
- Flight data analysis
The role will be working as part of a wider team delivering structural integrity and airworthiness advice in support of fixed wing and rotary wing military aircraft. The candidate should have relevant specific experience of air worthiness or an understanding of the role and what it involves if seeking to move from a stress analysis background.
The successful applicant will join a team providing high-integrity specialist advice across a range of military platforms, including Combat Air, Air Support, Training and Rotorcraft Types. We work closely with our Customers, with Design
Organisations and with other stakeholders in direct support of structural airworthiness. The breadth of our portfolio provides exciting opportunities at all stages of platform life, from Design and Certification through to in-service support of ageing and historic platforms.
Will be expected to lead or be part of technical teams, exhibiting positive behaviours and values of integrity, collaboration and performance.
What will I need?:
1. Substantial experience in relevant aerospace structures or equivalent discipline, e.g. design, loads, fatigue or stress
2. Legal awareness within the Airworthiness domain and, in particular, the provision of advice pertaining to Airworthiness and the management of Safety
3. Knowledge of MAA regulations and understanding of MoD and MAA airworthiness policy and its application