The Senior Systems Developer is expected to act as a senior member within the IT Development team. The IT Development Team has responsibility for developing bespoke solutions and integrating off the shelf solutions to support the Graham Group.
The role will involve the following:
The Senior Systems Developer shall:
- Having an interest in not only Technology and Development languages and solutions, but also business processes. This should allow the individual to suggest improvements through IT Development to make business processes better.
- Mentor less experienced team members to develop their technical and non-technical skills.
- Play a lead role in evolving and improving development technique and processes with regard to technology used and standard approach.
- Review and provide direction to secure development, including regular OWASP review and peer code review.
- Support decision making on when to develop in house solution or use 3rd party solutions.
- Work closely with the specific functions/departments, to ensure our system capabilities are fully exploited and provide added value to function/department and overall business.
- Support the design, implementation and deployment of new Business Solutions.
- Ensure training and documentation requirements are fulfilled.
Exploitation " System Usage/Development
- Support Function/Department and process representatives to identify innovative solutions to Business problems through the use of IT.
- Support function in determining what solution to exploit (in house development, 3rd party systems).
- Have working knowledge of key languages used within the function, such as Visual Studio (MVC, C#, SQL), Oracle, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS etc.
- Ensure ongoing compliance to agreed standard system solutions within ISO27001.
- Apply standard Process Change/Project Governance processes to all business requests.
- Provide interface between business/function representative and system provider.
- Provide Help Desk support for all systems within remit as required.
- Support Service Level Agreements between IT, business user and 3rd party provider.
Training & Documentation
- Facilitate the development of training materials for key systems within remit.
- Identify training requirements.
- Facilitate preparation of business process & end-user documentation.
- Develop required technical documentation within agreed standards and ensure these are maintained and up to date.
- Proactively ensure all IT documentation for change requests, projects and processes are prepared & validated in a timely manner/in accordance with initiative delivery plan.
- Support Disaster Recovery planning for new and existing systems.
- Carry out dba work as required.
- Support/lead business readiness & project manage deployment.
- Support/lead system acceptance testing during software release.
- Manage system requirements during testing phase.
- Facilitate user acceptance and sign off process with business function/department representative.
- Exploit existing solutions and provide recommendations on new features and/or new solutions.
Project Based Activities
- Actively contribute to system design during business process change development.
- Coordinate testing & deployment of new business functionality.
- Facilitate business process functionality validation & sign-off in conjunction with business function/department representative.
- Adhere to Graham IT project management methodology.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Senior Systems Developer and the range of duties to be undertaken.