Hours: 9:00 am to 5.30 pm, 5 days over 6 on a rota basis
Salary: £18,750 pa plus generous company bonus
Area: Shrewsbury & Newport
An exciting position has arisen for an experienced Engineer who is interested in learning about mobility products and equipment. You will be based at the engineering workshops in Shrewsbury & Newport (travelling between the two as required), where you will complete high quality control checks on a range of equipment (mobility scooters, wheelchairs, powerchairs etc). You will also have the opportunity to learn about our various products and offer excellent customer service to our customers.
- Duties will include, but not limited to: *
- Checking, repairing and servicing products in the workshop
- Completing all relevant paperwork both manual and electronic
- Liaising with Head Office and customers about repairs, servicing etc
- Maintaining all tools, spares and equipment within a safe working condition
- Keeping the work area in a clean and tidy condition
- Supporting the store on deliveries and other collections (recycling etc) when required
Skills and Experience:
- Good customer service skills
- IT Literacy keyboard skills and experience of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Team player
- Clear and detailed communication – written and spoken
- Time Management
- Strong light engineering/servicing background
- Methodical with attention to detail and a practical approach to work
- High-quality standards and workmanship
- Motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
Ableworld is the country's leading retailer in the rapidly growing Mobility and Homecare Sector. From our retail outlets we offer customers a large selection of quality mobility and homecare products at value-for-money prices and exceptional levels of service and aftercare. Our products which range from walking sticks to hi-spec mobility powerchairs, from back supports to stairlifts, are all designed to give our customers greater independence and improved quality of life.
A full valid driving licence is essential as a company van will be provided along with all workwear and tools to support your job.
A DBS disclosure will be required for this position (for which Ableworld will meet the cost).
We will Offer You:
We place real value on our employees and appreciate the hard work that all our staff put in. As a result, we like to compensate our employees with comprehensive in-house training, a package that includes a basic salary, generous performance-driven bonuses and 20 days paid holiday (plus 8 Bank Holidays). Full training and development opportunities will be given for the role.
If you are interested please apply with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time