Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join our Aerospace team in Redditch. The successful candidate will be involved in the design, development and manufacture of components for small scale cooling infra-red devices and have the opportunity to be involved with projects from start to finish, either supporting technically or managing discrete tasks. As you progress you may have opportunities to manage projects from start to finish or you may wish to progress your technical/analytical skills.
Junior Mechanical Engineer responsibilities
- Support new product development from concept to production, product/test rigs/processes that adhere to customer's performance, qualification & safety specifications, whilst adhering to milestone and cost requirements.
- Develop technical understanding of product lines in order to facilitate future designs of product.
- Leading, organizing, coordinating tasks associated with the successful completion of activities in support of engineering programs such as New Product Introduction (NPI), productionization and engineering production support.
- Support transition from engineering to production, of new products within specified cost, schedule and process requirements, ensuring the manufacturability of new products.
- Support technical proposals for new business enquiries, as directed, and support the sales function as required.
- Define and implement engineering process improvement measures and activities that will improve quality and cost-effective production, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Provide necessary engineering technical and analytical support to program teams within engineering and production.
- Provide monthly progress reports of activities relating to projects.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in a Mechanical Engineering related subject
- Working experience within an engineering environment would be advantegous
- Appreciation of new product development, product lifecycle and introduction to production through a gated process.
- Strong engineering and analytical skills advantageous.
- Understanding of thermodynamics, heat transfer and/or fluid mechanics would be an advantage.
- Good task management skills and a basic understanding of project engineering advantageous.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Market specific training and on-going personal development
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of export control licenses and technical assistant agreements.
Burnt Meadow Road, North Moons Moat,Redditch,WORCESTERSHIRE,B98 9HJ,United Kingdom