Benefits and Salary
- Competitive Salary
- Half day Friday
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Additional Annual Leave for Length of service
The Cost Engineer will play a key role within the estimating and pre-production function. Ensuring each project is scoped, effectively costed and production ready.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Define Cost Estimate and Production Scope:
- Analyse drawings and models to decipher project scope.
- Compare scope to current company and supply chain capabilities and identify any disparities.
- Liaise directly with clients to clarify project scope when required.
Completion of Cost Estimate
- Creation of accurate manufacturing bills of materials (BOMs)
- Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects of projects in a timely and accurate manner, in conjunction with the wider estimating team.
- Present breakdown for each cost element including material usage and labour requirements.
- Participate in costing reviews with members of Senior Management team.
Pre - Production Review
- On receipt of customer order, ensure that each project is production ready, all relevant information and documents available in accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure correct Pre - Production decisions are fully aligned with business and supply chain capacity and capability.
- Liaise with the procurement team to ensure the correct specification of components are sourced.
- Develop and/or revise manufacturing processes, procedures, work instructions as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent