The Clyde Design Authority undertakes a vital role in ensuring that key defence nuclear infrastructure that interfaces with nuclear powered warships and nuclear weapon systems is safe and fit for purpose.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical/Mechanical Engineer to support the technical capability of the HMNB Clyde Design Authority (DA). This role will be suited to engineers with experience in Electrical/Mechanical Design, although candidates experienced in Electrical/Mechanical Installation, Power Generation or Material Handling are also welcomed.
- Technical excellence in the specification, assessment and approval of design packages for infrastructure.
- Specification of reliability and operational constraints for infrastructure.
- Assessment of work control procedures for maintenance of infrastructure.
- Assessment of infrastructure design, material state, qualification and ageing mechanisms to permit the continued operation of facilities and utilities.
- Discharge and display a robust safety and security culture.
- Ensure outputs of safety related contracts meet the contract requirements and appropriate safety requirements by acting as an intelligent customer.
Minimum of Ordinary National Certificate in an engineering discipline
Member of a professional engineering body, ideally with Incorporated Engineer status or equivalent experience and standing
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
The MOD provides an excellent opportunity to develop skills through personal development and offers flexible working, excellent annual leave and maternity allowances and a very competitive pension scheme.
Navy Command offers support and development in your career, including opportunities to undertake formal training courses, that you can undertake as part of your role. The successful candidate can discuss their development options with their manager when in post.
In Navy Command we understand the everyday commitments both inside and outside the workplace, so our aim is to provide the flexibility to maintain a great work-life balance. We also offer an impressive range of on-site facilities including, a gymnasium, ski-club, and other sporting facilities, a children’s nursery, recreational shopping mall, messing facilities, free on-site parking and an assisted travel scheme.
The post attracts a Recruitment and Retention Allowance of £4,000 per annum on top of the annual salary for NSQEP Level 1 practitioners. The allowance is not immediately payable and successful candidates will have to demonstrate their ability to adequately meet the knowledge, experience and functional competence requirement for the post to receive the RRA.
A further location Recruitment and Retention Allowance (RRA) is payable subject to candidates with qualifying Reserved Rights.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension