What is Slice?
Slice is the easiest way to order authentic local pizza. We serve the $40 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with technology that grows their business and helps them compete with Big Pizza ( http://www.cnbc.com/id/102781918 ). Can you imagine what a local pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino's?
Slice was born in 2011 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to profitability while building a network of more than 10,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, the founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity and has built an amazing team of operators, technologists, and investors.
We celebrate pizza as the ultimate shareable food:
- Experience building production-ready applications in a modern front-end framework
- Ability to create clean and organized front-end code that optimally loads.
- You have a fun and positive approach to your work, and treat others well.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers and non-engineering stakeholders alike
- Experience writing production React applications
- Experience setting up and using metrics, monitoring and analytics tools to measure front-end application performance
- Comfort in working on mobile-first web products
- Understanding the vision and goals for a web product, and looking at things from the user's perspective
- Ability to craft leading-edge front-end interactions
- Experience in implementing front-ends for Rails backed systems is a big bonus
- Understanding of best practices for using libraries, version control, and sticking to a shared software development process
- Experience monitoring and maximizing the SEO of a web product
- Experience working with remote team members or offshore teams
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, and flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product and business, no matter the department. You're the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class engineers who combine creativity, curious minds and a commitment to excellence with the desire and commitment to grow and build on the engineering skill base and community here in NI. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop? Why not get in touch!
- Industry Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health and Dental Care
- Income and Death insurance
- £750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity and Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance and policies
- Free Friday Pizza and Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance and training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to apply?
We do not use agencies as we have a strong network of referrals, and also want you to have the best recruiting experience possible. A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work and projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style and perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, and we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.