As a DevOps Engineer with previous experience either from a development or System Admin background, the DevOps Engineers collaborate with all project delivery and support teams, including developers, testers, DBAs, support analysts and project managers. You will drive project teams in the adoption and extension of standard CI/CD pipelines, test automation harnesses, environment build outs, automated deployments and assist with project and production issue triage and resolution. You will join an existing team across multiple projects and clients, supporting both BAU and new build activities as required in an Azure environment.
Becoming a DevOps Engineer with Capita Application Support - CAS :
What you’ll be doing:
- Work on projects of varying size and complexity implementing standard frameworks
- Ensure Automated build, test and deployment tools and processes are in place
- Build and configure environments
- Deploy and configure solutions
- Define and implement reusable CI/CD components
- Perform script maintenance and updates
- Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance
- Assist in the troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues as required
- Identify, agree and implement new ways of working to support changing project needs
Essential skills & experience
- Has extensive experience with Microsoft technologies especially Azure DevOps
Azure API Manager and related routing through to service fabric clusters
- Azure Monitor
- Azure PaaS & SaaS
- Knowledge of Microsoft web services
- Sound working knowledge of GIT (or similar source control system)
- Sound working knowledge of database management
- Sound scripting skills (Powershell, Bash or similar)
- Building, deploying, profiling, monitoring and troubleshooting applications
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Desirable skills & experience
- Experience of building & deploying .NET services & applications
- Deploying Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Configuring and managing Sharepoint
- Geographic data replication, consistency and caching strategies.
Due to the nature of this role successful candidate will need to be eligible for SC clearance
About Capita Application Support - CAS
At Capita Application Support, we can work applications harder, smarter and better. Joining us, so will you. Whether it’s individual enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP or business intelligence or moving applications to the cloud – you’ll be able to help.
Capita Application Support - CAS are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact recruiter .
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.