Are you an experienced service engineer with strong technical knowledge of diesel generators?
Rapid Power Generation Ltd, formerly A1 Power Systems, is offering the opportunity to be responsible for the repairs, fault finding, servicing, diagnostics and overall maintenance of premium diesel generators. Working within a well-established company with excellent staff retention, the successful candidate will receive ongoing training and development.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Undertake planned service and maintenance of customer's generators.
- Liaise with external departments and customers.
- Service, fault-find and carry out breakdown repairs.
- Execute site surveys, when required.
- Comply with company health and safety policy.
- Handling customer queries.
- Logging paperwork accurately and efficiently.
- Factory assembly duties, including, electrical & mechanical fit-out of new generators.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Highly customer focused.
- Confident with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience within mechanical/electrical engineering or diesel fitting.
- Familiar with electronic systems and mechanical components (including engines, alternators and control panels).
- Apply appropriate engine technical skills in inspection and disassembly.
- Utilisation of appropriate testing equipment for effective repair and maintenance.
- Good team player.
- Self-starter, with ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of gas-powered generators would be an advantage.
An attractive salary is available for the successful candidate.
Job Type: Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Diesel Generator Service: 3 years (Required)
- Certificate of Higher Education (Preferred)