£30000 - £40000 per annum + 33 days hols
Electronic Design Engineer
Circa £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
40 hours per week
25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
Shares within the business after a qualifying period
Local to fast food outlets etc
Local to transport links if required
The actual hours worked can be flexible if you prefer and early start or a later finish etc - to be discussed
My Client is a Small business based in Portsmouth working within innovative technology from design through to build and manufacture in a very niche and specialised market.
Established over 3 years ago this business has moved from strength to strength securing some fantastic opportunities working with the Military, the MOD and local businesses requiring their specialist equipment. They are seeking a new Electronics Design Engineer to assist with the full product life cycle of their unique products to work within the team based in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
The role is for an Electronics Design Engineer to join the business who will be responsible for the design, build and manufacture of all electrical requirements for the product.
It is an absolute requirement that the successful candidate has experience with both AC and DC Power Supplies and transforming power from 230v AC to 700v DC. The successful candidate must have confidence and experience in their capabilities to do this.
Responsibilities within the role will include:
Skills and Experience:
- Design, build and test power system using AC & DC Systems
- Electronic / Electrical system design and integration for the product
- Development of battery management systems
- Electrical / electronic design, development and build for manufacture;
- Liaise with other engineers to ensure smooth and reliable electronics systems integration;
- Design of test procedures to ensure systems meet the current standards
- Electronics engineering honours degree;
- Experience with design, development of the power electronics including Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) systems, from the first principles to the finished product
- Experience with Lithium-Ion batteries
- Experience with battery management systems design and implementation
- Experience with design and implementation of the electronics health check systems
- Experience with micro-controller programming
- Printed circuit board design and layout to minimise Electro-Magnetic Interference
- Experience with Power Line Communication and or Fibre Optic communication protocols and standards;
- Experience with autonomous platform electronics and sensors
- Experience with robotics or unmanned aerial systems