In this role you will:
Collaborate across Dstl, with academia, with industry and international to exploit the best of Science and Technology to enhance military capabilities.
- Develop requirements and designs for the enhancement of existing capabilities and those of the future.
- Provide objective evidence based advice that will inform research direction and to advise MOD equipment procurement programmes.
- Provide technical leadership and apply systems engineering principles to promote effective and efficient project delivery.
- Build on customer relationships across the business to strengthen the reputation and standing of the Systems Engineering capability
As a Level 6 you will be responsible for technically leading projects and providing leadership with the technical areas you are working in.
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to consider the whole system and consequences of courses of action.
- The ability to adapt and embrace new ideas and apply to own work.
- A desire to use your extensive background in Systems Engineering to exhaustively interpret challenging customer requirements and provide sound guidance and advice
- A desire to innovate disruptive concepts to meet UK military requirements from an appreciation of global cutting edge science, readily available technologies and MoD research.
- The ability to work collaboratively, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business, accademia and industry.
- The ability to convey project information to a variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to be decisive wen decisions are needed to move a project forward.
- The ability to take charge of your own development by taking advantage of the training and development opportunities in Dstl to improve the quality of your work.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Experience of applying systems methodologies to understand problems and their context, and to devise and test potential solutions
Collaborating with desprate expertise from across different organisations to deliver coherent advice to key senior stakeholders
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
- Flexible working
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
- Chartership and accreditation support
- Generous annual leave
- A competitive salary
- Excellent learning and development
- Onsite gyms and restaurants
- Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
For further information about Dstl please check out our LinkedIn page