Job Title – Junior Engineer incl. Welding/Fabrication
Hours per week – 40
Workplace - 55 Mullan Road, Cookstown, Co.Tyrone, N.Ireland, BT80 0JE
Wage – £18- 26k depending on experience
Work schedule – 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Job duties :
The job will focus on supporting production and ongoing R&D of our machines and will require the ability to work on designs, physical builds and to manage production staff. Installation and servicing work on customer international sites will be required.
This is a learning based role that offers significant formal and informal development opportunities. You will report directly to the senior engineer and senior management and will be involved in all aspects of the business from obtaining quotes for work through to liaising with final customers.
We are currently a small team and thus additional duties may be required outside of this direct role, in particular making deliveries/collections and any other duties in an emergency or at time of peak demand which are considered to be reasonable and within the employee competence.
Proactiveness and a willingness to learn are key attributes.
Candidates should ideally have previous experience working within a similar role in manufacturing and engineering.
- Drafting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to create, read, edit and explain designs and drawings
- Ability to test products for functionality
- Able to prepare detailed reports
- Comfortable with site work
- A high quality approach to health and safety
- Clean driving licence
Electrical experience would be an advantage
Hydraulic experience would be an advantage
Hands on manufacturing experience
- Health and safety management
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
- Site work/Commissioning : 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding : 1 year (Preferred)
- Project management : 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fitting : 1 year (Preferred)