Job Title - Trainee Engineer
Salary - £28,000 - £30,000 starting salary, dependent on qualifications and previous experience. plus Veolia benefits *listed below
Location - Southwark IWMF, 43 Devon Street, London, SE15 1AL
Hours - Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 7am to 4pm
Closing Date - Wednesday 11th November 2020.
To be considered for this position you will need to attach your cv, cover letter and answer the pre-screening questions
Veolia is looking for a Trainee Engineer graduate to join our team in Southwark as part of our Graduate Development Programme.
This will be a 2-year programme, where you will gain valuable experience within the maintenance side of the Southwark Integrated Waste Management Facility.
What you’ll do
Main duties will include:
- Review PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) plan content and alignment with Asset Criticality Analysis.
- Update and finalise Asset Criticality Analysis for the plant (Material Recycling Facility and Mechanical Biological Treatment plant) in line with ISO 55000 requirements.
- Create a maintenance performance dashboard with KPIs and support the reporting of it weekly.
- Create and track a dashboard for repetitive breakdowns across the plant and identify solutions to reduce these with the support of the Operations Manager.
- Create a financial reporting tool to track maintenance expenditures.
- Project manage the reorganisation of the maintenance workshop: tools, parts, control measures.
- Create work procedures for the MBT & MRF.
About your Development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured development programme, undertaking leadership, management, soft skills and safety modules with your graduate cohort.
The experience you will need
- Degree level qualification in Engineering or Science (a minimum of 2:1 to be achieved by Sept 2021)
- Passionate about the waste industry.
- Computer skills within Excel, word & CAD.
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- The option to join our attractive Veolia pension scheme.
- Access to Veolia rewards, benefits and discounts.
- Access to financial and mental health support.
- 25 days annual leave and statutory bank holidays.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment. Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please note that if a high number of quality applications are received, this vacancy may close early. To avoid disappointment, please apply with plenty of time before the stated advert closing date.
Reference ID: 119940
Contract length: 24 months
Application Deadline: 11/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £28,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Degree level qualification in Engineering or Science: 1 year (Preferred)