To set up and operate CNC machinery in accordance with competence, knowledge and the company’s policies and procedures, ensuring that products are manufactured and delivered within required time frames and quality standards.
· Programme and set up CNC machinery in accordance with engineers’ drawings including downloading programmes into the machinery, loading proper cutting tools and mounting, installing, aligning & securing workpieces onto the machine.
· Check tools and materials for defects prior to commencing work; remove & replace dull tools.
· Calculate machine speed and feed ratios and the size and position of cuts.
· Test run machine, verify parts to drawings, consult with Quality Manager as required and continue to inspect parts for quality throughout the run.
· Observe machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial calliper and adjust settings as required.
· Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure confirmation to specifications using precision measuring instruments & templates
· Edit CNC programmes to optimise performance and modify programmes to account for problems.
· Change and adjust machine parameters and tooling as required to meet dimensional and output requirements.
· Clean and maintain CNC machinery, tooling and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition.
· Lift workpieces to machines manually or with the use of hoists/cranes.
· Work as part of a team to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality checks of work.
· Provide guidance and support to Production Engineers.
· Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations, housekeeping, wearing of personal protective equipment, manual handling procedures and general duty of care.
· Contribute to the development of improvements to working methods.
· Any other duties within reason and capability as determined by the Managing Directo
- 1.30pm finish on friday
- on-site parking
- Private Health insurance
- Long service rewards
- Competitive salary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- CNC Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place